Spring Awakening Yoga Retreat in Nicaragua
March 17-22, 2018
With Brenda Umana and Argentina Rosado
Join Brenda and Argentina for an unforgettable, spring-cleaning yoga retreat at the beautiful Apoyo Lagoon Natural Reserve in Nicaragua. Each day will be an opportunity to rejuvenate your mind, body, and soul. Experience daily yoga and meditation taught on a beautiful wooden platform overlooking the lagoon and its stunning views, healthy meals, desserts, herbal teas, massages, and so much more. Get ready to sweat, flow, breathe, and cleanse.
Discover the magic of Nicaragua, known for its jungle-clad beaches, majestic mountains, and volcanic landscapes. During this trip you will experience the best of Nicaragua by staying at the Apoyo Lagoon Natural Reserve Lodge, a truly sustainable health & wellness boutique hotel known for it’s mindful healing cuisine. Lake Apoyo is an ideal location to escape the daily distractions of city life and reacquire a connection with your true self in the stillness and tranquility that the nature reserve offers. The water of the lagoon is believed to have special healing properties and is coined as “the jewel of Nicaragua.”
Enjoy group excursions to explore the beauty of Nicaragua as well as other sources of inspiration such as swimming in the lagoon, stand-up paddle boarding, napping underneath a palm tree, hiking along the greenery, catching up on your reading, or simply connecting with nature once again.
Everyone is welcome! Solo travelers, couples, groups, and all levels of yoga experience. Apoyo translates to support- as you embark on this journey with us we will support one another to rediscover our true self.
“The perfect place to unplug from the outside world and plug-in to yourself”
- 5-night accommodations at Apoyo Lodge in Nicaragua
- 3 nourishing plant-based meals per day made with fresh, local organic ingredients (free of meat, dairy, refined sugars and oils)
- Unlimited coconut water, morning herbal tea, drinking water, and bananas
- 2 Yoga classes daily- taught by Brenda and Argentina on a two story lake-front palapa
- 2-hour workshop on a specific theme
- Day trip to the beach in San Juan del Sur, including lunch and a free surf lesson, as well as down time to explore the town
- Truffle making group class
- Roundtrip airport transportation
- Unlimited free wifi
- 24 hour security
- Daily linens and beach towels provided
- All natural products (hand soap, shampoo + conditioner made locally on Little Corn Island)
What’s not included
- Roundtrip airfare, we suggest arriving on March 17th and departing on March 22nd
- Fly into Managua airport (MGA)
- Additional smoothies and juices
- Massages and other wellness services
- Travel insurance (recommended)
- Any activities not listed above
Sample daily schedule
- Tea, water, fresh fruit
- Pranayama (breath work) & morning meditation
- Yoga practice or workshop
- Free time*
- Free time* or day trip
- Yoga practice, restorative and yoga nidra or workshop
- Free time*
*Free time may include: Hiking, hanging out at the lake beach, massage, swimming, lounging on hammock drinking coconut water, reading your book, or drinking a smoothie at the bar
Early Bird Rate (Before November 26, 2017) – $1,595 per person, shared double or triple room
Regular Rate (After November 26, 2017) – $1,795 per person, shared double or triple room
- No roommate necessary. We will pair you up with a fellow yogi or bring your significant other or best friend. If you would like your own private room, please contact me for pricing.
- Rooms are allocated on a first come, first serve basis. That means reserving your space early not only guarantees a better price but also the chance to get the best rooms.
Paypal: Using your bank account or credit card by clicking “Reserve your spot” below
Check: In person written out to Argentina Rosado or Brenda Umana
Cancellation and Payment Policy
*Reserve your spot with a non-refundable deposit of $300. The remaining balance must be received by November 26, 2017 for the early bird pricing, or by February 1, 2018 for the regular pricing. Payment plans are available. Please email us to inquire about payment plans.
**Cancellation Policy: We know life happens and you may need to cancel your reservation. Cancellation requests submitted within 90 days of retreat date, 50% of total amount (less deposit) will be refunded. Within 30 days of your scheduled retreat, we do not offer refunds.
Got questions? Ask Argentina @ email@example.com
About the Teachers
Working in the pharmaceutical drug industry for years after graduating college, Argentina decided that she wanted to contribute to people’s health and wellbeing in a more holistic way. She is now a full-time yoga instructor in New York City and has been studying and practicing many holistic healing practices such as Reiki, Yoga Nidra, and Tantric meditation techniques. Her classes are breath-centered, challenging yet accessible and never competitive. When not on the yoga mat, Argentina enjoys spending time with her dog Rocky and volunteering in her native Dominican Republic and U.S.
Take a class with Argentina
Brenda stumbled upon yoga in a corporate onsite wellness class while working in the Financial District in San Francisco, CA. After each class, she felt this new window of awareness, after so many years feeling closed off with emotional distress. Ever since then, yoga is the highlight of her days.
After many attempts at different corporate jobs she is now a full-time yoga instructor in New York City and committed to making yoga accessible to everyone. Brenda’s signature style is an alignment-based Vinyasa class centered on clear verbal cues to encourage practitioners to explore different aspects of themselves whether that’s physical, mental or soulful. Our minds are so easily distracted and as an instructor she makes it her goal to move the body with the breath and therefore focus the mind. She is continually enhancing her knowledge by taking Yoga-Anatomy courses, traveling to India to deepen her understanding of Yoga Philosophy, workshops, Yoga podcasts, and exploring her own home practice. Brenda also holds a Masters of Public Health from Columbia University. When she is not teaching she is most likely enjoying some wine, curled up reading a book, or out for a jog around the city.
Take class with Brenda